Neih hou, pronounced lay ho, which means, you good or hello in Cantonese.
We are having the best experience of our lives. Last Monday we entered the Mission Training Center with about 40 other senior missionaries to join approximately 2000 young elders and sisters. The spirit here at the MTC is unlike any experience we have ever had.

You are right, the MTC experience is like no other! Days filled with the Spirit and shared with amazing fellow missionaries and leaders. We are excited for you. Thanks for sharing your experience on this blog.
ReplyDeleteJim and Sue,
ReplyDeleteIt is so good to hear from you and to know that you are able to serve a mission to Hong Kong. I hope Sue is not a shopper. Isn’t that what they do there? I will follow your blog and look forward to your spiritual adventures and what you mission assignments will entail.
My the Lord bless you both. Enjoy learning the language (is it Mandarin or Cantonese?) and the new diet. I know little about China or Hong Kong (never having been past Hawaii). I served a German mission but living and working in Southern California in the housing market has given me the chance to get to know a number of great Chinese people. If you love them and they will respond.
I am excited for you and Glenda and I will include you in our prayers.
Your Brother,
Bill
Bill Watkins 714 612-5400
theonlybill@earthlink.net
Jim and Sue,
ReplyDeleteYou look fabulous...like you should be in a catalog for Senior Missionaries...I will be following your blog and commenting...Our first grandchild, Ella, has called me "GeGe" so hence the name...I shall keep you in my prayers...ps...I am getting the first of my two knee replacements in June so when the time is right we can go on a mission.
Yes this should definitely be part of the missionary couples brochure...everyone would want to go! The spirit is just exuding from your faces!
ReplyDelete